Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Garden of Imagination Soho Loft Room Setting

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks fun! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    I have never seen that site before. It has some really neat stuff.
    Let us know if you get it or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm... To me, that doesn't look very sturdy, or like it quite "fits" with AG dolls. Plus, it's pretty expensive.

    Do you have a craft store nearby? If I were you, I'd go buy foam core (that's slender pieces of foam between two pieces of cardboard - not hard as wood, but still sturdy) and build your own room box. I'm sure you can figure out a way, but what I used to do for miniature roomboxes as a girl is:

    1. Take a large piece as the "floor." Outline three walls on it with a ruler(usually, the two outside walls would be at a slight obtuse angle to the back wall, in other words, more than the normal 90*)
    2. Use an exacto blade or one side of scissors to cut a groove in the foam core floor the same width as your "wall" pieces (usually about half inch). ONLY cut the top piece of cardboard and foam, leave the bottom piece of cardboard intact. This holds the "floor" together.
    3. Cut your other pieces of foam core into the right lengths for your "walls." Fit the pieces into the grooves of the floor.
    4. Ta-da, a room box! If you like, you can take the pieces out, lay them flat, and decorate the wall paper, trim, etc. Then just slide them back into the grooves. When you have everything decorated as you like it, you can glue or tape the foam core in place.
    5. Fill with furniture

    This might take some trial for error, but it worked for me when I was nine. You might also want to try other techniques. The bottom line is, foam core is an inexpensive and easy way to build boxes. I bet you could even think of a way to build one that "folds away" under a bed or into a closet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is a really good idea, only1genevieve.
    Another do it your self option would be to buy a science board. The type that is used for school projects. That works pretty well also.

    Edited for spelling.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 09, 2005 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Gombe Gal ]</font>

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I had been trying to get my grandpa to build me some type of little "doll room" proportioned for AG dolls. My grandma (who kind of controls my grandpa) thinks that the idea is ridiculous. I have been looking for some type of doll room/setting type of thing, and I don't want just a background like the retired Scenes and Settings (they're too expensive for me anyway). Has anyone bought the Soho Loft Room Setting from Garden of Imagination, or somewhere else? Do you think that it would be worth $90? I think it would be fun to decorate. Any opinions? TIA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •